Five key commercial questions to ask your installer
Solar installations do often go wrong and sometimes take longer than anticipated, because some key commercial questions were not addressed in the beginning. During negotiations with your your potential installer, make sure you also ask these five questions addressed in the video; and in the paragraph below.
1. Do you have an insurance cover that will repair any damage caused during the installation?
2. How long is the workmanship warranty and does it cover de-installation and re-installation of faulty hardware?
3. What happens if an equipment manufacturer does not honour a return on the basis that the hardware was not installed properly?
4. Are you or any of your team members registered with the department of labour as electrical contractors?
5. Can you provide three references I can contact?